Legal Services for CIF Members in the UK
As part of CIF’s Services to its members working in the UK market, we are partnering with Quigg Golden to provide members with UK construction and procurement law support. In addition to its office in Dublin, Quigg Golden has offices in London, Maidstone and Belfast. Its UK based team has substantial experience in all UK construction related matters ranging from supporting actions in the Technology and Construction Court to claims preparation and representation in adjudication and mediation.
About Quigg Golden
Quigg Golden is a market leader in the provision of concise and practical construction contract advice, construction claim support and dispute resolution representation. Quigg Golden has acted for clients in all forms of construction dispute resolution in the UK.
Quigg Golden’s team is made up of construction and legal professionals (many dual qualified). This range of expertise allows us to bring a claim or other issue from initial advice through to representation in a dispute resolution forum.
Key Members of Quigg Golden’s UK Team
BEng LLB LLM PGDipArb MIEI FCIArb FCInstCES MCIPS
Eddie is the Director in charge of Quigg Golden’s London and Maidstone offices as well as a leading expert on construction law and public sector procurement. Currently, Eddie is a guest lecturer at Queens University, Belfast and the Chair of the Adjudication Society.
BSc LLM PG.Dip.Law MCIPS ACIArb ICIOB G.Inst.L.Ex
Jonathan is a Barrister with Quigg Golden. He specialises in construction and EU procurement law. Jonathan has detailed knowledge of construction contracts and claims, coupled with sound commercial acumen and practical knowledge gained through practice in the construction industry and formal study of construction law.
LLB PG Dip (LP)
Robbie has over six years experience in construction law matters. Robbie previously worked in a quantity surveying practice. Robbie has drafted bespoke construction contracts for employers, main contractors and subcontractors in England, Scotland, and Northern Ireland. He has also provided both contentious and non-contentious advice to clients of all natures and sizes on a wide range of construction claims and disputes.
MEng (Hons) CEng MICE
Simon is a Chartered Civil Engineer. Before joining Quigg Golden he gained practical claims experience while working for Australia’s largest contractor. Since joining Quigg Golden’s Simon has worked on a number of large claims and represented clients in adjudication and mediation. He has developed a particular expertise in relation to the NEC forms of contract.
Quigg Golden Services
- Claims Support - Preparation and evaluation of all types of construction claims from final accounts to extensions of time and loss and expense under main and sub contracts.
- Adjudication/Conciliation/Mediation/Arbitration - Advice and Representation in all dispute resolution forums in the UK.
- Procurement Challenges - Quigg Golden has the expertise needed to react quickly in any procurement challenge situation. We can quickly review tender documentation to identify if an avenue for challenge actually exists and, if instructed, can engage with the relevant public organisation on a contractor’s behalf.
- Litigation Support - In England and Wales, Quigg Golden is authorised by the Bar Council to instruct barristers in contentious matters in any court of first instance, including the Technology and Construction Court which deals with construction, adjudication enforcement and procurement matters.
- Contract Drafting - Quigg Golden regularly draft bespoke or amend standard form contracts for clients, main contractors and sub contractors. Quigg Golden is experienced in drafting construction contracts that comply with the requirements of the Housing Grants, Construction and Regeneration Act as amended.
- Training - Quigg Golden staff are qualified and experienced trainers and regularly provide highly interactive training sessions ranging for two hour seminars to the Institution of Civil Engineers’ Law and Contract Management Course.
- Advice - Quigg Golden advise on all areas of construction law and any initial consultation with a new client is on a complimentary, no obligation basis.