Executive, Industrial Relations and Employment Services
Maternity Contract – Full-time/Part-time
The Construction Industry Federation (CIF) is the voice of the Irish Construction Industry. CIF is a member led representative organisation, providing a broad range of services that help our members in navigating the political, business, economic and regulatory environment.
Industrial Relations & Employment Services Department
The Industrial Relations (IR) and Employment Services Department implements the policies and directions set out by the CIF’s IR sub-committee. It provides information, advice and support to contractors on managing their workforce to ensure compliance with employment protective legislation. The Industrial Relations and Employment Services Department represents members at meetings with trade unions/employee representatives, the Workplace Relations Commission and the Labour Court. The Department also provides construction specific guidance and support to ensure compliance with legislation.
With the aim of strengthening its services, the CIF is seeking to recruit an IR professional with a thorough knowledge of IR, employment law and HR management practice to join the IR & Employment Services team.
About The Role
This role is based in the Dublin office. The successful individual will report to the Director of Industrial Relations and Employment Services and work as part of a small team providing professional advice and HR/IR support for member organisations.
- Develop and deliver on the full spectrum of HR services to member firms using HR guides, social media platforms and the IR/ HR section of the CIF website.
- Deliver effective resolutions to industrial disputes for the industry, its members and member associations including the provision of IR support in managing third party referrals.
- As part of the IR team, build and maintain effective relationships with member organisations, other social partners, relevant government departments, the Labour Court and the Workplace Relations Commission.
- Represent Members at third party hearings including the WRC.
- Develop and maintain knowledge on relevant case law and developments in legislation relating to employment law and issues affecting the CIF and its members.
- Plan and coordinate with colleagues in the Membership department in the development and growth of the membership numbers and strengthening existing relationships.
- Be an articulate, well-informed and effective advocate on behalf of the CIF and its members.
- Assisting the Director across a range of policy and committee areas as required.
- Design and develop continuous professional development webinars and information sessions.
About The Person
- Candidates must have a relevant degree in HR/IR/Law or a related discipline.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience, ideally in industrial relations/employment law with a demonstrated record of success in helping resolve industrial disputes and other employee related issues.
- Previous experience working in a unionised environment would be an advantage.
- Candidates must have excellent knowledge of the Irish IR/HR landscape with particular strengths in using social media platforms, including writing online articles and blogs.
- Candidates must have a good understanding of the role of a representative organisation serving the needs of businesses, strongly committed to serving the needs of members and member Associations, keeping them updated and advised on HR/IR changes or developments.
- Candidates must have the ability to build effective relationships with CIF members, industry professionals and public authorities.
- Candidates must have excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Candidates must have excellent oral and written communication skills, capable of producing detailed submissions.
- Candidates must have the ability to work as part of a high-performing team while having the initiative to work and deliver independently and to manage and prioritise a considerable workload.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted by email to [email protected]
Please clearly state the role that you are applying for in your application and please quote the following reference in the email subject line Job Ref CIF202402 Executive, Industrial Relations & Employment Services.
In your application, please include the following:
- A cover letter outlining your relevant skills and experience and why you would like to be considered for the position;
- A comprehensive CV demonstrating your career achievements and experience to date.
In preparing your application, please consider the essential criteria required for this position.
Applications will not be accepted after 12am Midnight on Sunday, 11th February 2024.