The Construction Industry Federation (CIF) is the national representative organisation for construction employers in the Republic of Ireland. The industry employs over 171,000 and undertakes work valued in excess of €30 billion annually. The Federation has a nationwide membership, many of which are the country’s most successful companies, comprises 30 constituent Associations, representing various sectors, and operates 13 branches throughout Ireland.
Role and Responsibilities
CIF is seeking to recruit a Finance Manager with drive and passion to join our dynamic finance department. The person will provide leadership and expertise to members and work closely with the Director of Corporate Affairs to provide professional guidance and support.
- Preparation of Annual Financial Statements
- Budgeting, analysis and preparation of specialist data and modelling scenarios as required including ongoing project finance management.
- Management of the annual audit of CIF and CRQ
- Annual budget preparation and development of the CIF’s Strategic Business Plan.
- Preparation of timely and accurate management accounts including analytical reviews
- Filing of all relevant Taxation returns to deadline, to ensure compliance with all statutory requirements and liaison with external tax advisors
- Oversight of accounts receivable and accounts payable, liasing with membership and training departments.
- Oversight of creditor payment runs within contract terms and in line with prompt payment obligations.
- Development and implementation of new processes and procedures for the Finance function.
- Management of outsourced payroll and pension process
- Annual filings to CRO etc.
- Other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
We are seeking a candidate with the following qualifications and skills
- Qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) with at least 6 years’ PQE.
- Leadership qualities or experience of team development/management.
- Previous experience of Dynamics Navision is highly advantageous.
- Proficient in the use of MS Outlook and Excel.
- Multi-skilled professional comfortable working with all levels of the organisation
- Good communicator with excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills
- Active listening and coaching skills and abilities
- Takes responsibility for own actions, proactively facilitates Executive Committees and support the senior management team in delivering corporate, departmental and individual goals and objectives
- Be an effective and facilitative leader, enabler and developer of teams through an authentic and open communication style
- Demonstrate the ability to develop and nurture relationships across a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Results focused understands what is important for the CIF & the wider community of members
- A dedicated professional, committed to delivering superior service through having an open disposition and a willingness to listen and learn
- Excellent interpersonal skills – handles complex and difficult situations with thought and confidence
- Displays integrity – is sincere in own behaviour and in dealings with others
- Sound judgment, in terms of dealing with people, and his/her ability to demonstrate good decision making across a broad range of operational areas