- A Peri shutter panel was being lifted by a tower crane to form a perimeter retaining wall.
- As the panel was being lowered to its final position (approximately 9 feet above ground level), the Peri Ply element came away from the structural element of the shutter panel frame and landed to the ground.
- No injuries were sustained.
Why it Happened?
- Rivets on the Peri shutter panel failed.
- A thorough inspection of peri shutter panel was not identified as a requirement onsite.
Immediate Learnings / Recommendations
- Tap Test carried out by shuttering carpenters and slinger/signallers prior to lifting the panels to ensure the Peri Ply element is securely attached to the panel.
- Incorporate Peri’s quality control procedure for shutter panels on site.
- Briefing with all slinger/signaller on landing shutters to ensure minimum impact to the shutter when landing, as this can affect the integrity of the rivets.