The Smart Offsite Association is a constituent Association of the Construction Industry Federation and represents construction companies operating in an off-site environment with manufacturing capacity. The primary objective of the Association is to promote the use of off-site manufacturing in the built environment and support the interests of its members.
What we do?
- Advocate on behalf of members with public sector bodies to promote member interests particularly in relation public policy and tendering and contracting practices. The association ensures its members voice is heard across various stakeholders at national level.
- Develop services that are directly applicable to its members’ needs and that add value to their businesses.
- Provide networking opportunities that allow members to build strong working relationships with their peers in the industry.
- Provide regular updates to its members on resources and supports released by government and related bodies and initiatives.
- Represent members who are passionate about maintaining high standards in the Off-site Construction industry.
What are our goals?
- Continually develop and support the off-site construction industry so that it meets and exceeds the highest global standards while growing market share and security of pipeline within the overall construction industry.
- Assist and work with Government to establish policy that fosters the entrepreneurial and innovative culture that exists and create a national environment that awards constant improvement in the sector.
- Support the development of regional clusters that drives the development of local communities through the sustainable provision of employment and career opportunities in regional areas.
- Continue to work with all stakeholders in the industry to develop the necessary infrastructure and workforce to grow the sector to reach its fullest potential.
- Promote sustainable construction practices and the circular economy.
The Smart Off-site Association is uniquely positioned to develop and accelerate the growth of an indigenous Irish industry, through its members, to meet Ireland’s growing infrastructure needs in terms of housing and its overall building supply with the capacity to develop into an export market. An opportunity exists to harness the innovation and dynamism that exists through SOSA members in conjunction with policy makers to make Ireland a strong competitor in innovative areas of off-site construction.
CIF – Modern Methods of Construction Report
21st February 2024 pdf ()
Modern Methods of Construction: Defining MMC Business
21st February 2024 pdf ()