Schools Partnership Programme
Register your interest
Creating the future of the construction industry in Ireland
Would your company like to inspire young people to join the construction industry? CIF is urging construction companies to take part in our School Partnership Programme. We’re asking you to partner with a local school to give students a taste of the diverse and exciting careers that are available in construction.
Taking part is simple – activities could include arranging career talks in your local school or hosting TY students on their work experience.
Our members are involved in projects that impact on the lives of communities – housing projects, road projects, water and wastewater treatment, sustainable energy and more. All of these projects work towards creating a better quality of life for everyone, especially future generations.
As an industry we can join together to ensure that we have excellent workers to sustain our future and the construction needs of the country.
On this page you will find suggestions for how your company can partner with a school and resources are available below including downloadable guides, videos and a PowerPoint presentation template, which can be customised with your company and the school’s logo for school visits.
We encourage you to register your interest, and we can support your efforts.
Working in Partnership with a School
Promoting future careers
In partnering with a school and working with them to promote an interest in a career in construction, you will need to know where to start.
A few starting points include
- Engage with the Careers Guidance / TY Co -Ordinator / Construction Studies teacher
- Careers talks on the industry and various type of roles in a construction project
- Visit the school with periodic updates on what’s happening on the project
- Consider using technology to help your audience connect with your business & projects
- Offer transition year work experience on your project
- Site Visits to your project
- Check with schools re insurance details for students
- The exact terms differ depending on the management body and insurance details of school but generally students remain under school insurance while on work-experience.
- Schools usually communicate the insurance details with work experience host-employers on a local basis.
- Potential host employers should request this information from the school the student is coming from.
CIF can support such initiatives with social media promotion and local media
The resources include work experience manuals for businesses and students and a PowerPoint template for presentations
CIF Work Experience Student Workbook
CIF Work Experience Company Manual
Customisable PowerPoint Template for Schools Presentations
Transition Year students, enter the competition & tell us about your experience
Deciding on a Career in Construction
Watch young construction workers discuss why they chose construction as their ideal career path
A Career in Construction, Are you in?
Scaffolding as an Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship as a Painter & Decorator
Careers in Construction
Visit our careers in construction page to watch more videos
Register your interest
We’d love to hear from you. You can register your interest below. General queries can be directed to Trish Flanagan by email [email protected].