The Mechanical & Electrical Contractors’ Association
The Mechanical and Electrical Contractors’ Association (M&ECA) is the national representative trade association for mechanical and electrical contractors operating in the electrical contracting and building services sector in Ireland. To view further information about the M&ECA, its members and the type of projects they are involved in click on the following link – https://constructingexcellence.ie/
Membership of the M&ECA is derived from two individual trade associations, as follows:
The Mechanical Engineering & Building Services Contractors’ Association (MEBSCA)
Represents mechanical contractors who undertake heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC) works including design, installation, inspection, testing and maintenance.
President: Mr Eamon McGrattan (McGrattan & Kenny Ltd)
Vice-President: Mr Paul Nicholls (Jones Engineering)
The Electrical Contractors’ Association (ECA)
Represents electrical contractors operating in the commercial and industrial sectors carrying out electrical works including design, installation, repairs, commissioning and maintenance.
President: Mr Sean Greally, Designer Group
Vice-President: Ms Joanne Cluxton, Mercury Engineering
Director, Specialist Contracting
A Chartered and Registered Building Surveyor with over 20 years post graduate, technical and project management experience in Irish and European building projects. Managing specialist and subcontractor trade associations to assist in the development of professional, efficient contracting businesses. Our aim is to showcase the value of our member companies as ‘best in class’ and to help them achieve their business growth ambitions. Leading initiatives on innovation, BIM and continuous improvement for the construction sector. Specialist support areas primarily include, advising on contract, payment, dispute resolution and procurement issues.
Executive, Specialist Contracting
Gillian Ross is responsible for the executive support of specialist associations’ business within the Federation. Gillian administers a range of member services activities covering marketing and promotion of associations, lobbying and representation. She also deals with member queries on procurement, tendering and contractual matters, amongst other issues.
Executive, Specialist Contracting
Denise Tuffy joined the CIF in 2016 and holds a Masters’ in Business Administration from Trinity College Dublin. Denise is responsible for the executive support of the mechanical & electrical associations within the Federation; and the Construction 4.0 policy committee.
Provided by M&ECA
- Expert review of contract documents, particularly in relation to amended standard forms of contract and sub-contract and bespoke documents Expert review and advice in relation to Collateral Warranties Assistance and advice in relation to payment disputes, including access to the dispute resolution services offered by CIF Advice and guidance on procurement law and pre-qualification documentation.
- Advice and guidance on health & safety legislation, site safety plans and safety training
- Expert advice on a range of employee relations matters including contracts of employment, TLO, redundancy and grievance & disciplinary procedures.
- Representation at numerous industrial relations forums including the Labour Court, the Labour Relations Commission, Rights Commissioners, Employment Appeals Tribunals and the Equality Tribunal.
- Review of apprenticeship curricula and provide specialised training to target member needs. Development of specialised training based on national standards.
- The Association also hold social events annually including the M&ECA Golf Outing and the M&ECA European Conference.