Executive, Specialist Contracting
The Construction Industry Federation (CIF) is the voice of the construction sector in Ireland. It represents 1,350 employers and comprises 33 constituent Associations, representing various sectors of the industry.
About the role
CIF is seeking to recruit an Executive with drive and passion to join our busy Specialist Contracting department. The person will provide leadership and technical expertise to members and work closely with the Director of Specialist Contracting to provide professional guidance and support for member organisations. The successful person will be a key member of a team delivering professional support to a broad range of construction enterprises. The role will focus on the provision of services that adds value to the membership in relation to the mechanical and electrical sector; and the digitilisation and modernisation of the construction sector.
- Ensuring the efficient and effective delivery of a full range of services to members across a number of the Federation’s policy areas.
- Organise and facilitate member meetings and provide pro-active executive support.
- Lead working groups and committees as deemed necessary and follow through on action points and related initiatives.
- Establish a degree of autonomy in policy areas. Comprehend the implications of such to the membership and manage the communication process in a simplified manner.
- Proactively develop and maintain relationships with members, public bodies and organisations promoting members interests.
- Consider and assist in the development and growth of the specialist contracting membership; working in conjunction with the membership department.
- Provide guidance and information to members nationally in relation to contracting, tendering and procurement.
- Creation of Continuous Professional Development webinars and information sessions.
- Organise and manage networking events on behalf of the membership.
About the person
- Will be a graduate with a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a project delivery, professional services, policy/research, or marketing/business development environment preferably in a construction related area.
- Ability to build strong relationships with Federation members and industry professionals.
- Energetic, well organised, enthusiastic and committed to the development of services to members across existing and developing matters.
- Ability to manage a heavy workload and with a capacity to prioritise tasks effectively.
- Capacity to work as a team member and willing to work on own initiative and independently when required.
- Takes responsibility for own actions and proactively promotes the interests of the department and the membership.
- An excellent communicator with strong presentation, verbal, analysis and report writing skills.
- A car owner, with a full, clean driving licence as travel will be a requirement.
- Has an understanding of the commercial environment faced by members particularly in relation to the mechanical and electrical sectors, and of the digitalisation and modernisation of the construction industry and related best practice.
- Policy development and implementation.
- Teamwork and self directed working
- Ability to take the initiative
- Strong leadership / communication & presentation skills
- Ability to engage with members, colleagues and industry stakeholders
- Ability to project manage and deliver on commitments.
- Problem solving abilities
- Industry and politically aware.
How to Apply
Applications should be made by e-mail prior to the deadline to [email protected].
Applications to be submitted by email, prior to the deadline must include:
- A cover letter (max length of 2 A4 pages) outlining why you wish to be considered for the post and where you believe your skills and experience meet the requirements of the position; and
- A comprehensive CV clearly showing your relevant achievements and experience in your career to date.
In preparing your application, please consider the essential and desirable criteria for this position which is outlined the competition booklet.
Deadline for application: 12pm (Midday) 30 November 2023.
Applications will not be accepted after the closing date.