International Women’s Day 8th of March 2023
The CIF International Women’s Day Summit 2023 was a great success. It brought an amazing group of women leaders in the construction industry together to share their insights and experiences across expert panels and keynote speeches. We welcomed over 300 attendees in person, 214 online, 12 panellists, 3 moderators and a range of keynote speakers. The passion with which our speakers and panellists spoke on topics, that are close to everyone who works in the construction industry, was palpable on the day.
If you were able to be there or tuned in online, thank you for coming. We hope you enjoyed the day. Photos from the summit are in the gallery below.
We would like to thank all of our gold sponsors, Suir Engineering, Bennett Construction, Shay Murtagh, Jones Engineering, Glanagua, Glenveagh and PJ Hegarty’s and our silver sponsors, Dornan Engineering, Evercam, John Sisk and Son, John Paul Construction and CP Skillnet.
Recording of CIF International Women’s Day Summit 2023
A recording of the event is available
CIF International Women’s Day Summit Sponsors
Sponsorship from well-known companies in the construction industry supports CIF IWD2023. Thank you to all our sponsors for supporting diversity.
CIF International Women’s Day Summit 2023 Agenda
Panellists & Speakers
Panel Discussion 1: Female leadership in the Construction Industry Federation
- Chaired by Jean Winters, Director of Industrial Relations, Construction Industry Federation
- Our panellists include Meabh Smith, Director of Communications, Joanne Treacy, Head of Southern Region Services, Maeve Kearns, Director of Corporate Affairs & Jeanette Mair, Head of Economic & Policy Research
1st Keynote Speaker: Barbara Nugent – EQ.ie
- ‘Leading with backbone and heart for better business outcomes’
Panel Discussion 2: Sustainable business: what does this mean in the construction sector?
- Chaired by Paul Sheridan, Director of Main Contracting, Construction Industry Federation
- The panellists include Anne Kinsella, Engineering Manager from Clonmel Enterprises, Lorraine Fitzgerald, Head of Sustainability, Glenveagh Properties PLC, Sinead Hickey, Head of Sustainability (Ireland and Europe), John Sisk & Son & Ana Paula Paes Landim, Quality & Environmental Manager, Bennett Construction
2nd Keynote Speaker Susan Cormican, Group Director Urbanism Ethos Engineering
- ‘Lots Done, More to Do’
Panel Discussion 3: Sustainable Workforce: How can we engage future generations in construction?
- Chaired by Dermot Carey, Director of Safety and Training, Construction Industry Federation
- The panellists include Claire Cusack, Human Resources Director, Suir Engineering, Tammy Bennett, Senior Global Enterprise Manager, Evercam, Lisa O’Shea, Chartered Quantity Surveyor, Ormonde, Construction & Áine Healy, HSQE & Sustainability Director, Glan Agua