What Happened / Impact?
- In January 2020, the European Commission issued a Safety Alert to notify of the cessation of sales of a Combined Mitre and Bench Saw of brand Power Craft (Type 48455) owing to reported safety and health issues associated with Batch number 5 709386 484552.
- The saw can move from its position during operation and its blade guard does not properly lock. Consequently, the user could get in contact with the turning blade and become injured.
- Also, when tilted at 45 degrees, the blade can touch the product’s aluminium table. As a result, it will cut it and propel its material towards an unprotected user, who might suffer of injuries in the body or face.
- The product does not comply with the requirements of the Machinery Directive and the relevant European standards EN 61029-1 and 61029-2-11.
- Cessation of sales by the manufacturer.
- Ban on marketing of the product by the distributor.