The CIF Health and Safety department is responsible for the administration of the Safe-T-Cert Scheme in the Republic of Ireland. Safe-T-Cert is a certification scheme designed for certifying the safety management systems of contractors working in the construction industry. The scheme’s objective is to improve health and safety management by providing objective standards and certifying those contractors whose safety management systems have been assessed, and can demonstrate that they:
- Are in-line with the International Labour Organisation’s Guidelines for Safety Management Systems
- Meet the basic requirements for training and competence
- Implement an occupational health and safety management system, which meets the requirements of the organisation – incorporating continual improvement
- Address relevant national legislation
- Demonstrate commitment at all levels within the organisation.
Visit: http://safe-t-cert.ie/ to learn more or contact the Scheme Manager: Dermot Carey (see: Key Contacts section).
Director, Safety and Training
Dermot Carey heads up Safety & Training Department within the CIF. Dermot has responsibility for developing and guiding the CIF’s policy in these areas. Along with shaping policy, the role involves liaising with Government departments, Education sector and members on issues and providing assistance with member safety regulatory compliance. Included in this role is the operation of the Safe-T-Cert accreditation service and its day-to-day operations in the Republic of Ireland.
Mandy provides administration for Safe-T-Cert, which is a is a certification scheme designed for certifying the Safety Management Systems of contractors working in the construction industry. The Scheme’s objective is to improve health and safety management by providing objective standards and certifying those contractors whose safety management systems have been assessed.